While I did not end up making this recipe (though it is on my to-make list), I thought the blogger's tip to use a cheese grater to make the "noodles" was genius.
|Gif from topwithcinnamon.com|
I used vegetables I already had for this recipe, and you can add in almost anything you have on hand (onions, broccoli, squash, asparagus, etc.) and it will be delicious.
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 of a red pepper
1/2 cup frozen peas
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Handful of spinach
Grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lay a square cheese grater on its side with the larger holes facing up (see image above). Shred the zucchini into long strips. Stop when you hit the seeds and rotate the zucchini. (I had to cut my zucchini in half because it was too curved to grate straight.)
2. Cut the red pepper into smallish pieces. Cut tomatoes in half. Put with frozen peas and spinach.
3. Mince the garlic clove.
4. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. When hot, add garlic.
5. When you can smell the garlic (after 1 minute or so), add in the red pepper, peas, and spinach. Cook for several minutes until peppers begin to soften and peas are thawed, stirring occasionally.
6. Add in zucchini. Cook for several minutes until the zucchini is cooked through, stirring frequently and combining all the vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve and garnish with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!